Pages

Monday 15 October 2018

Formal and informal Language

Formal:
I thought I’d write/ I am writing to complain about the state of the yard/condition of the playground.
Over the last two weeks, I have noticed loads of rubbish/a great deal of litter.

Informal:

How are you?/I trust this letter finds you well. I’ve been dead busy/extremely busy since your last letter.
We have to work really hard at school to get ready/in preparation for our PAT tests.

These examples show formal and informal language. For this activity we read each text then we would change the color of the answer that best fits each sentence of formal or informal. This activity teaches you how you use them and where you use them, so if you were to write a email for a job interview or colleagues you would use formal language, but if  you were to text your friend you would normally use informal language.  

No comments:

Post a Comment